Darrell F. ChampionOf Counsel
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
Darrell F. Champion became Of Counsel to the firm in July 2006. He is a native of Modesto and has been practicing law in Modesto since 1975. Mr. Champion, an AV-rated attorney, has extensive experience in the areas of Construction/Mechanic’s Lien/Contracts/Construction Defects and heads the Construction Litigation Department of the firm. His practice emphasizes Civil Litigation, Business Litigation, Real Estate Law, and Personal Injury.
In addition to his law practice, he has served for many years as a mediator/arbitrator for the Stanislaus County Superior Court, as a Judge Pro Tem for the Stanislaus County Municipal Court, and as a hearing officer for the Stanislaus County Personnel Board.
Mr. Champion has served as Chairman of the Board of the Memorial Hospital Association, President of the Modesto Gateway Rotary, and also as a member of the Modesto Junior College Foundation Board and the Salvation Army Advisory Board. He is a licensed California contractor and is President of Champion Industrial Contractors Inc., a mechanical contracting business started in Modesto in 1933.
- University of California, McGeorge School of Law, 1974, J.D.
- University of the Pacific, 1970, B.A.
- State Bar of California
- Stanislaus County Bar Association (served as President in 1982)
- Licensed California Contractor B License; 12 Specialty Licenses
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine University School of Law
- Member of Stanislaus County Mediation and Arbitration Panel
- U. S. District Court – Eastern District of California
- U. S. District Court – Northern District of California
- Stanislaus County Personnel Board Hearing Officer
- Judge Pro Tem of Stanislaus County Municipal Court
- Wray F. Ladine American Inn of Court